"No Country for Old Men" or How You Better NOT Watch Oscar Nominees

>> Friday, February 15, 2008


Well, I have this tendency to check things that are on the hot light-spot, such as movies that are Oscar noms. So today I took my friend and we went and watched this "No Country for Old Men" movie, that was so widely advertised and is one of the 5 nominees for the "Best Picture" Oscar prize along with "Atonement", "There will be blood", "Juno" and "Michael Clayton".
I was honestly so very disappointed with it, because it proved again that the Oscar nom is not necessarily a movie with much sense and strong well-built plot in it. They just put some popular actors in it, promote it well, and here it is: another movie about nothing with a good $$$ budget.
It's already the 2nd Oscar nom-movie I watched recently and got disappointed with. The 1st one was previous year "Little Miss Sunshine", and the piece was ok, but the writers did quite a poor job on its end, so it messed up the whole effect.
Maybe I will have to give a resolution not to watch super-actively-promoted movies at some point:)

0 комментария(ев):

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP