Fun day of BICYCLE riding through the busy streets of New York

>> Friday, June 26, 2009

The bicycle is the perfect modern-day statement of practicality, green awareness and chic.
Today New York was finally warm and sunny, and for once it felt like the summer arrived in the city. I got a chance to rent a bike on Broadway for free for couple hours (big thanks to TopMan clothing store that is doing this promotion in celebration of summer), so I had a wonderful time streaming through the very busy streets of Big Apple on my cool bike (and yes, the bike was really chic, people who were passing by were staring at my bike and I heard some nice comments behind me:).
Anyway, one thing I realized once again was how bad the traffic is in New York. The streets are packed with cars, and I was moving way faster than all those drivers around me. However, because in New York bikes are not allowed on the pavement and you have to ride along with all the cars on the main streets, you can't really relax totally and you have to always watch out for other cars and be aware of what's going on around.
Overall, this bike tour around NYC was probably one of my best tours around the city that I had so far. And again, the weather was just perfect today, so it was a very great and positive day:)


Many New Yorkers went out today to enjoy the warm and sunny day, which is such a rare commodity in New York this summer


Sunset view on Jersey City, NJ

0 комментария(ев):

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP