My first day at new work

>> Saturday, June 30, 2007

Today I had my first 8-hour work day here in Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. I am definitely not used to working that long and I feel a litle tired. Moreover, my nose was bleeding all day long, but they say it's ok and it's always like that the first week after coming to the mountains.
I am working in a gift-store with 2 American girls - Laura and Katie, really nice girls and very good teachers, they taught me how to operate everything and I already can do work by myself.
I can say that the park I work at doesn't experience its best times, many attractions don't work or are under reconstruction. Today we had a small scandal in the store, coz there was an American couple with 2 kids and they bought 50 ride tickets for 200$ and 30 minutes later they arrived and asked for a total refund, because they didn't find any interesting or crazy attractions there. Then they shouted at my co-worker Laura and called for our manager;he tried to calm them down, but it wasn't a success, so they left frustrated and we also got nervous.
My manager told me that I'll be only working 45 hours a week, so most probably I'll go get another part-time job in the hotel which is at the base of a mountain my park is located at.


I will use these gondolas every morning to get to my job

Mountain views from gondola



Glenwood Springs city view


The hotel I might be part-working at soon


The grocery store I buy food at


I live in a 2-stored house with 2 Americans and today some Romanian guys came here as well. This is a very nice place and basically looks like a typical American house

My kitchen

The ladder to the underground floor

4 комментария(ев):

Anonymous June 30, 2007 at 7:33 AM  

hi i just happened to stumble on your blog, its really interesting, i look forward to reading more about your adventures :)

p.s. those girls that work\live with you are lucky, cos you're so cute n hot :P

Erin Rebecca June 30, 2007 at 9:23 AM  

Красивый дом. Тебе повезло Ваня. Где твоя комната? Давид

Erin Rebecca June 30, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Vanya- love all the pics and commentary- you are a great blogger... Your place looks pretty comfy and yes, the food looks good- should have had you cook for me sometime!!! You should be sending me recipes:)

Anonymous July 1, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

only 45 hours a week? thats more than a full work week lol and you want to work even more?, when will you have time for relaxing, exploring and enjoying yourself?

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP